Sunday, November 2, 2008

Cowboys and Candy and Mustaches, oh my!

Happy November to all of you.
This should be a big month for us. Starting with, of course, the election. I have sent in my absentee ballot and am proud to have voted for Obama! I will be watching anxiously on Tuesday to see history take place.
Other things are happening this month as well. After much searching, calling, and recalling, Nate found (and rented) an apartment for us in Roscommon. He has some chutzpah, signing a lease for an apartment his wife hasn't even seen! ;) He sent some photos, and assures me that it's pretty big, in a good location, and most importantly, is a place for all three of us to live together as a family. We are excited to be back together again, three weeks apart is a long time! Corbin and I should (hopefully!) be moving up sometime early this week. Nate's dear, dear family have helped him move in almost everything already, as well as put away all of the dishes and clothes. Isn't that fantastic? I'm so grateful for them all. What an easy move this will be...for me, at least. :)
Corbin and I have been having a good time with my folks. There have been a lot of Halloween activities to attend, a lot of friends to say goodbye to, and a lot of Grandma and Granddad's things for Corbin to climb and/or destroy. We were able to spend a day with my Grandma, which I was so glad to be able to do. We went trick or treating at a farm, then a nature center, then a church parking lot.
Corbin wore almost all of the cowboy outfit my mom made him (we had to force him into the hat!) and mostly kept on his drawn-on mustache. He seemed to really like all of the trick or treating. The biggest night was Halloween itself, we went to a Trunk or Treat at a church. There were thousands of trick or treaters and 94 cars giving out candy. It was a lot of waiting in line, but Corbin and I enjoyed watching all of the kids... except for when they were pushing into us and hanging on Corbin's wagon. Dang kids. Get off my lawn!!
Anyhow, here are a few Halloween pictures for you all to enjoy. I'll update you all once we get up to our new place and get settled. Till then, here's Corbin eating some pumpkin.

No comments: