Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm a sucker for the Muppets

Tonight there was a new Muppets Christmas special on, and it was fantastic. I had forgotten how much I love the little guys. I tried to keep Corbin up to watch it with me, but he crashed halfway through (amateur!). He seemed to like them, though. Here's my favorite guy, Pepe....


Is he not the cutest thing? He left his life as a chef in Madrid to become a star in Hollywood. According to Pepe, "There were one too many close calls in the kitchen. I was mistaken for an appetizer, okay." Love him.

The movie was pretty simple. The Muppets had a pile of letters to Santa that needed to be delivered, it was Christmas Eve and the post office was closed, so they had to take them to the North Pole themselves. There were a few songs, a few guest stars. The bear (I forgot his name and wikipedia keeps showing me Fozzie. It's not Fozzie) was airport security and Nathan Lane was his cohort. At one point the Muppets were at the North Pole, and snow started falling, things started moving, and there was Santa in his sleigh!!! (Um, I hope I didn't ruin that for any of you. :P) I'm such a dork, I was watching from the kitchen while loading the dishwasher, and I just get this huge silly grin on my face. Santa!!!! Even at 28 (8??!?!?), I still love the fat man.

I've been trying to teach Corbin who Santa is. Relax, I talk about the Jesus part too, but at 17 months old a fat guy in a red suit carrying presents is way easier to understand. Anyhow, for Christmas this year "Santa" (Granddad) will be visiting the children, so my mom sent me a picture to try to get Corbin used to the idea. I show him that picture, as well as a video on Youtube about finding Santa. Now the kid is obsessed. On the video, when Santa comes up into view he starts pointing and shouting. When we are in Walmart he points at every Santa blow up, Santa book, Santa ornament, and Santa candy he can see. I can only imagine that when he meets Santa on Christmas day, he will be terrified. :P

Here's a couple of shots from today. He refused to smile for either of them, so you'll have to take what you can get. In the first one he's wearing a hat and messenger bag that cousin Carmen sent us yesterday. He's so metrosexual, right? In the second one he's showing his belly to the fish. It's good cause that involves two of his favorite things.... fish and showing his belly to things. He's a strange duck, sometimes.



No comments: