Thursday, September 4, 2008

Anniversaries and Car Keys

See, I told you I'm not very good at keeping up with blogs. Eh, I'll recap.

Yesterday Nate and I had our three year anniversary. We've been through some crap together in that short amount of time, but we've never let it affect us or our marriage. He makes me a better person, makes me laugh every day, gives the best hugs and is a fantastic dad to our little man. I never forget how lucky I am to spend every day with my best friend.

We celebrated by going grocery shopping, eating cheap steaks and watching America's Got Talent. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. Nate's mom was sweet enough to send us some money to go out to dinner, and my parents got us movie tickets, so this weekend we went to see Hamlet 2 and had our celebratory Pizza Hut dinner. My parents watched Corbin for us, and a good time was had by all.

So yesterday, during aforementioned grocery shopping trip, Corbin was being his typical fussy self. His favorite thing to do while shopping is to turn himself almost completely around in the kid seat part of the cart, reach his skinny long ass Larsen arm into the back of the cart, and grab whatever item he can. Then he brings said item into the front part of the cart and begins to chew it apart. We've actually had cashiers apologize for the chewed up boxes we are purchasing, until we explain that our little monster is the one eating them.

Anyhow, he's getting super antsy so I take him out to the car while Nate checks out. I stick him in his car seat without buckling him, so he can move around while we wait. I'm standing next to him outside of the car, he crawls out of the car seat and into the rest of the van. Whatever, I'll just go around to the other side and get in, so I can keep him from eating whatever random garbage he will find in there.

Um, the other doors are all locked. I don't have the keys. And I can't reach the unlock button from the one open door. That little stinker was crawling all over in there, getting into everything he knew he wasn't supposed to, until Nate finally finished and came out with the keys. Just in time too, as Corbin had just picked up a battery he found God knows where. What a little monster.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Your last two posts made my day! hilarious. i can just picture you peeking into the van, anxiously looking at the miejer's doors waiting for nate and then back to the van to see what the lil monster was doing. Hilarious.